Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 11 of 30

Day 11!

Let me start with a recap of my exercise for the weekend.  Saturday was a crossfit inspired workout given to me by my husband in our backyard.  My arms and shoulders are feeling the awesomeness of that work out today and will probably only get even stiffer by tomorrow.  Sundays workout was a lovely run along the Santa Monica Bluffs of which this photo is my view every time!  If you can exercise outside somewhere beautiful I totally recommend it.  The view always helps to distract me from what I am really doing.

Ok, so let's talk about how my clothing seems to be fitting me lately.  I will admit, everything is a little looser around the middle as well as on my thighs.  I have also noticed that my upper arms are looking a little smaller and I am wanting to wear tank tops and spaghetti strap dresses again.  Even my husband made a comment this morning about how my booty looked smaller to him!  Total plus as well as motivation to continue on my paleo challenge!  

I am not sorry that I cannot give you guys a number in so far as how much I have lost because I really think the true testament is in how I am feeling!  My run today, 3 miles, was AMAZING!  I haven't felt this great on a run since I started the challenge and could tell that I am only seeing the tip of the ice burg in regards to my fitness. 

My exercise routine is pretty varied throughout the week; mixing Yoga, Running, and now Crossfit into the mix.  This helps me keep motivated and interested in what I am doing.  I absolutely recommend checking out local fitness classes in your area.  Perhaps there is a dance class, Zumba class, kickboxing class, etc that you can try to keep yourself active, motivated, and getting your body to move in different ways than it is used to.  

Your muscles do in fact have a memory when it comes to working out.  If you only do the same thing day in and day out you won't get the most out of the time it takes to exercise.  Mixing it up whether it is with sprints if you are a runner or different types of workouts through the week make a huge difference in how your body will burn calories and become stronger!  

Keep working out fun, interesting, and varied!

Breakfast:
Egg Scramble
-Sauteed Onion
-Sauteed Mushroom
Bacon

Lunch:
Green Salad
Leftover BBQ Chicken Pieces

Snack
1 small fuji apple

Cocktail
NorCal Margarita
-Tequila (ask for nice tequila, I chose to ask for Patron this afternoon)
-Soda Water (NOT to be confused with tonic water.  Tonic has ALOT of sugar in it which is not good)
-LIME LIME LIME (Don't be shy! Ask for two or even three limes in this yummy cocktail)
*This is a great drink to order when you are in a bar or at a restaurant! Going out with friends, partners, or even by yourself is absolutely possible while in the midst of a paleo challenge or lifestyle so don't feel like you can't have any fun)



Dinner:
Turkey Kebabs
-Recipe found in the cookbook, "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook" by Mark Sisson with Jennifer Meier
*A total must have cookbook for Paleo/Primal believers, those that want to try, and those that love to cook good food!

Burgers
-Home ground beef with spices
*If you have a meat grinder at home
  • 1.25lbs Organic Grass Fed Chuck  *Or buy 1.25lbs pre-ground organic grass fed chuck
    • cut into cubes and spice before grinding *After spicing meat, Grind away into your own ground chuck:
      • Spices
        • 1 Teaspoon Salt
        • 1/2 Teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
        • 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
        • 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
        • 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
        • 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
        • 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
        • 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
        • 1/2 small Onion finely chopped
  • 1/2 small onion
    • chopped into small pieces
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
Now mix everything together and form into 4 patties.  Don't over mix the meat!  This will make it tough. After making your patties wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.  This will help them stay together when you cook them.  We cooked ours on a cast iron skillet on the stove for 4 minutes a side.  They turned out to be medium.  ** If you are cooking grass fed beef make sure to cook at a lower temperature.  This meat is much easier to overcook!
We wrapped ours in ice burg lettuce instead of using a bun.  I also put spicy mustard on top of mine which you can see here.
Zucchini Pasta with home made Pesto:
-4 zucchini
-1/2 small onion
-Ground sausage 
*Sausage is not necessary but really tasty!


Saute the onion until just starting to soften and then add in meat and cook all the way through.  Remove from pan and set aside to use later. Use the same pan to lightly saute the Julianne zucchini.  You want it to be al dente.  Then add the onion and meat saute back into the pan along with your home made pesto! Stir until everything is coated with pesto and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment