Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 14 of 30

Day 14!

Paleo Carnitas!!!
Two weeks in and I feel great.  I have lost weight, I sleep better, I don't get stomach aches, I am learning how to cook, and my workouts are feeling amazing!  I am feeling much more confident in myself and my ability to follow through.  Yes, I know... I am not done yet but trust me, if you are currently going through the process of a 30 day paleo challenge you too will be patting yourself on the back for your success at two weeks.

One thing I have not quite conquered as of yet but am ready for the challenge is EATING OUT!  I have mainly been cooking at home either for or with my husband and have avoided going out to eat because I am a little afraid of it being too hard.  Well, I found out that I am not the only one!  Check out http://www.paleoplan.com/2012/05-02/we-want-paleo-dot-com/. These guys are trying to get restaurants to recognize that there are a lot of people who eat/live paleo and would love to see some options in restaurants.  I absolutely signed up for the newsletter and am looking forward to checking out restaurants in my area that potentially have paleo options.

Paleo options in restaurants would make going out so much easier; especially when on the initial 30 day challenge when you cannot eat butter!  Salads don't scare me because for the most part, restaurants are used to  people asking for the dressing on the side or no croutons but the idea of trying to find a main course that is 100% paleo friendly is daunting.  This is something I am going to challenge myself to do a little more and I promise to report back with details, photos, and of course... opinions.

And now, the meals from today.

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs 
*plain! Nothing added
1/2 small avocado
Sausage patties


Lunch:
Salad
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Snack:
Small bowl of chili
1 small fuji apple
1/2 red bell pepper

This is in the crock pot right before we turned it on! looks like it's going to be good right? IT TOTALLY WAS!

Dinner:
Veggie Saute
1/2 Avocado
Carnitas in the crock pot
* The recipe we used was by combining two different recipes.  
* If combining both recipes do NOT double the liquid
* we did not use salsa but a small can of canned tomatoes instead (no salt added)
* Of course no tortillas etc.
* We let cook for 6 hours on low temperature

Desert:
Fresh Mango


We ate ours in lettuce cups instead of tortillas! yum yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment