Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 17 and 18 of 30

Day 17! And Day 18!

Today was a great day! Had an awesome strength training workout this morning, a nice bike ride in the afternoon and then a movie and dinner this evening. I definitely had a moment at the theater when I missed eating popcorn while watching the movie but I realized that I was just hungry and made sure to fill up on prime rib at dinner!

I would definitely recommend either eating a snack before you head out for an afternoon or bring healthy paleo friendly options with you especially to the movies.  That way, when you get hungry or are having a moment of missing popcorn and/or candy you will have something yummy to nosh on instead.  Especially if you are working out, you need to remember to feed your body!  I have found that if I don't eat a snack or bring a snack to eat when I am out for the afternoon, I get irritated easily.  This is not to be confused with getting tired in the afternoon like I used to!  Instead of being in need of a power nap I am just suffering from low blood sugar and can usually fix that right up with an apple or a small handful of nuts.

Making sure to get enough food in throughout the day is not to be confused with over eating.  When I started this 30 day challenge I was concerned that I was eating alot of food in comparison to how I used to eat.  The true difference is that I am eating healthier food that my body can properly digest vs eating less food that may have been higher in calories/sugar/carbohydrates.

I have no more lows throughout the day but I do get irritable when I am noticing that my blood sugar is low.  I fix this by getting in a quick snack of sorts that will hold me over until dinner.  Being kind to your body involves making sure you are feeding yourself enough food throughout the day.  It may feel like you are eating a lot more while on paleo then you did before but as long as you are following the strict rules of paleo eating then you can be assured that you are putting good nutrition in and as a result will have more energy coming out.


My Husband had the filet and a baked potato. Not very 30 day  challenge friendly but definitely paleo friendly!




Day 17
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with leftover tri-tip
1/2 avocado
1 cup coffee with almond milk

Lunch:
Salad with turkey and salami

Snack:
1 small Apple

Dinner:


*Hillstone restaurant!

Ahi Tuna Salad
Prime rib and broccoli
Prime rib with real horseradish

Ahi Tuna Salad with the dressing on the side

Desert:

Blueberries

Weekend workout summary! Saturday: Strength training with the hubby! Sunday Santa Monica Run!

Day 18

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
-onion
-mushroom
-salami
Chipotle chicken salad with salsa and guacamole on the side

Lunch:
Chipotle chicken salad

Snack:
1 small fuji apple
Chicken and Shrimp Curry

Dinner:
chicken and shrimp curry



No comments:

Post a Comment