Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 19 of 30

Day 19!

Are you someone who has a hard time getting up in the morning and keeping your energy up all day?  I used to be that way but ever since I started paleo I have had more energy then ever before.  Waking up is not nearly as hard as it used to be.  My internal clock is getting really good at waking me up naturally and I am not feeling the morning grogginess I used to feel. I no longer drink a cup of coffee in the morning because I am desperate to wake up.  I drink a cup of coffee in the morning because I actually really enjoy it.

I think that for most people and especially for myself, I was so used to having to struggle every morning to get out of bed that I never really thought about it being a problem until it wasn't one any more.  This is often the way it is with a lot of things in life especially as an adult.  The assumption that certain aches and pains, lethargy, etc is just a normal part of life and getting older is the cause was the norm for me.

Getting older is not a cause it is an excuse.  Yes, as you get older I understand that your body changes but to blame everything that is going wrong with you on your age just isn't going to cut it for me any more.  The fact that I have seen so much improvement in my life due to the change in diet says to me that nutrition is so important and the majority of what you are told is good for you by the government is crap.  I never would have said this had I not tried paleo.  It has made a huge difference for me in the last 19 days then anything else has ever before.

On another note, I have found a really great website that has not only motivational success stories but a lot of really great information.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com

One thing in particular that I would like to point out is a great article on fruit.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/best-and-worst-fruits/#axzz1um18EkQa

In a nut shell:
Good Fruit:
Berries
Cherries
Apple
Pears
Grapefruit
Apricots
Peaches
Figs

Bad Fruit (enjoyed in moderation)
Melons
Mangoes
Papayas
Pineapples


Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
1/2 avocado
1 cup coffee with almond milk

Lunch:
Salad with turkey slices

Turkey Kebab
Salted Baked Branzino before it went in to the oven


Snack:
Small handful of cashews
1 medium iced black tea


Dinner:
Baked Cauliflower Poppers
-1 cauliflower
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons olive oil
*pre-heat oven to 400
*cut off cauliflower stem and discard. 
*cut cauliflower into small pieces after washing
*mix salt, pepper, and oil in a bowl
*pour cauliflower pieces into the bowl and coat well
*bake for 1 hour turning cauliflower over at least three different times
*once cauliflower is nice and brown it is done!

Turkey Kebabs
Salt Baked Branzino
Recipe for the kebabs and Branzino found in the cookbook, "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook" by Mark Sisson with Jennifer Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment