Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 23, 24, 25 of 30

Day 23, 24 and 25!

A weekend away proved to be interesting for my 30 day cleanse. Especially since this was a celebratory weekend with my husband for his birthday. I know that in so far as a paleo lifestyle this weekend wouldn't have been much of a challenge but because I am still cleansing my system I was a little worried in how the weekend was going to go. Mainly in dealing with dairy such as butter!

After this weekend, I have found that sustainability is so important for creating a positive weekend as well as a positive lifestyle.  You have to be able to go out and eat at restaurants, with friends, and for special occasions.  I am not going to lie and tell you that I was perfect because I wasn't.  I did have champagne and I did have red wine but for the most part I stayed away from dairy, grains, and processed carbs!  I am going to go ahead and say this was a successful weekend away!

Day 23
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
-saut├ęd onion and mushroom
1/2 avocado
Bacon

Snack: 
* I packed a bag of paleo friendly snacks for the drive down!
Small handful of cashews
Blueberries
Prosciutto
Cucumber
Red bell pepper

Cocktails:
NorCal Margarita
-tequila
-LIME LIME LIME
-Soda water

Dinner: Eddie V's Prime Seafood La Jolla CA
Oysters
Roasted Asparagus
Halibut
Red Wine

After drinking wine for the first time in a couple of weeks I have to admit I woke up the next day with a headache.  Yes, there were a few NorCal margaritas involved as well which I am sure did not help but it was really interesting being able to actually feel a HUGE difference in the way I felt going from strict paleo to slightly off paleo.  
Day 24
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs ( I made sure to ask for the eggs to NOT be cooked in butter)
Bacon
Sausage
Berries

Lunch: La Valencia Hotel Poolside La Jolla CA
Tuna tartar with avocado
Green Salad with almonds
Champagne (I know this was cheating but I want to be honest with all of you)

Dinner:
Cured meat plate with pickled veggies
Scallops
Filet Minion with fingerling potatoes and asparagus
Red Wine (Again, I know I was cheating)

Desert:
Dark chocolate Gelato (NOT PALEO AT ALL and after a few bites I couldn't eat any more!)

Even though I felt much better waking up on day 25 then I did the day before I did notice that my sense of clarity was not really there.  Both my husband and I were walking around most of the morning with what can be described as a "hazy" feeling.  I never noticed just how clear my head felt while being on paleo until I was no longer feeling that way.  It just goes to show what our bodies and our minds get used to when ingesting so many toxins.  It really does take an honest to goodness cleanse in order to recognize how much better you can feel. (at least for me)
Day 25
Breakfast: Codys La Jolla CA
Scrambled eggs
Sausage
Bacon
coffee

Lunch:
Skipped it

Snack:
Small handful of cashews
4 slices salami

Dinner:
Garden Meat Balls
Dijon Mustard Beef with Kale
*recipes from:
Every Day Paleo by Sarah Fragaso

Desert:
Mango
Blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment