Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 6 of 30

Day 6:


Today has been a much much MUCH better day in comparison to yesterday.  I don't feel like I have the flew and I actually had the energy to make it through the day.  Oh wait! AND!!. Phew!  I was worried I was going to feel gross for a lot longer.

On another note, I want to discuss breakfast.  Paleo breakfast, especially a strict paleo breakfast pretty much consists of eggs, eggs, eggs, and more eggs.  Even though I have had eggs for breakfast the last 6 days in a row I am not tired of them... yet...  I am trying very hard to make sure the breakfast I am cooking for me and my husband is something a little bit more interesting then just a boiled egg (which is what I used to make him before the 30 day challenge).  A boiled egg gets boring and gets boring FAST!!!  Which is why you will notice that most mornings for me involve at least three ingredients which is making for a much more interesting breakfast as well as one that is keeping me full for longer.  This is something that I definitely recommend to anyone and everyone who is trying this out!

But what about VARIETY?!  What else besides eggs can you eat for breakfast?

Reading will show you that exercise is recommended as a compliment to the benefits you are doing for yourself with going paleo.  Isn't exercise a good idea in general?  I haven't noticed a positive difference in my ability to do my workouts yet and have in fact been feeling like they are harder then before.  I am assuming this is because my body is still getting used to the new kinds of nutrients and the lack of processed foods, mainly processed carbohydrates.  I will research more on that tomorrow. However, now that I am getting back into my exercise routine I am in fact feeling like I am heading in the right direction in so far as my health.  

I am staying positive and am waiting to see what tomorrow brings.


Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
- sauteed onion
- chopped salami
- cherry tomatoes
1/2 Avocado on the side
1 cup coffee with almond milk

Lunch:
3 slices Applegate smoked turkey
1 small fuji apple
nut butter (2 tablespoons)
a couple of slices of mango (I was getting parts of dinner prepared early and couldn't help myself)

Dinner:
Salad
Sweet Potato
Oven baked boneless skinless chicken breast
-Nomu Plucked seasoning and seared in coconut oil first
Mango Salsa
-this is shown in the recipe with salmon and is really tasty that way but because we had salmon last night and I wanted the salsa tonight we did chicken with it and it was yummy

http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2011/05/smoky-salmon-wmango-salsa.html

Desert:
Blueberries


No comments:

Post a Comment